Dr Tallent is a qualified AME (Authorised Medical Examiner) and can therefore examine all commercial pilots for EASA medical certificates. Brookdale Medical Centre is an Aero-Medical Centre, approved by the UK CAA to carry out EASA Class 1 initial and renewal/revalidation medical examinations.
Aircrew medical certificates for which Dr Tallent is fully authorised include:
- EASA Class One initial and renewal/revalidation for Professional Pilots (Please see notes 1 & 2)
- EASA Class Two initial and renewal/revalidation for Private Pilots
- European Class Three renewal/revalidation for Air Traffic Control Officers
- CAA Class One for Flight Engineers
- FAA (US) Class First, Second and Third
- Hong Kong
- South African
Some aviation authorities require blood tests (eg lipid profile, fasting blood glucose, haemoglobin), cardiovascular risk assessment, stress ECG – we perform all of these in-house.
Note 1: Initial EASA Class 1 medical examinations are carried out on Thursdays. The charge for an Initial Class 1 medical is £290 + VAT (Total including VAT £348.00).
Note 2: Applicants wishing to obtain a UK CAA EASA Licence, who hold, or have held, a JAA or EASA medical certificate or licence issued by an aviation authority other than the UK CAA, must change their “State of Licence Issue” to the UK. Please see the CAA webpage for full details: How to obtain a UK EASA Licence if you hold a non-UK medical certificate/licence – Changing “State of Licence Issue (SOLI)”
Comprehensive Eye Examination form downloads: